1.27.2012

Chickpea, Chic me?!

This week I’ve been on a quest to find a snack that fulfills my munching needs as I sit on the computer all afternoon without being terribly unhealthy.  AND… I think I found it! 




They are delicious!  They are chalk full of fiber!  They are small so I can eat them one at a time making them last longer!  They are not messy so I’m not worried about my keyboard getting too many crumbs or the mouse getting greasy.  They are super easy to make (mix in a bowl, spread on a pan, bake).  They are inexpensive (one can of chickpeas plus spices on hand).  And they are easy changeable, so they won’t get boring!  *I am imagining spice combinations as I type*

The only change to the recipe I would make is to up the temp to 450 and bake a little longer so they are a little crispier!  I did this on the suggestions of the reviews and am happy with the mix of crispier and slightly softer chickpeas in my bowl!  Watch them so they don’t burn though!

Along with the chickpea revelation, I’ve been doing really well on eating this week.  Breakfast has been made every morning for me and hubby.  Fruit has been eaten with breakfast and lunch.  Dinners have been fairly healthy, and more importantly, correctly proportioned.  And water… water, water, and more water has been consumed on a daily basis!

I also have managed to make it to the gym 4 of the last 5 days with a mix of cardio toning, zumba, kickboxing, and yoga!  I have yet to step on a scale, but I am definitely feeling better.  Between food, workouts and full nights of sleep I am feeling much more energized and organized.  Yay!!

January is coming to a close (already?!) and I am still psyched to be Tri-Fit this year!  Bring it 2012!  ;)

Sam

2 comments:

  1. Hey! You're such an inspiration! I need to find a workout buddy here in town, mine moved to Seattle last fall and I've been slacking since. I've also had my eye on that chickpea recipe for a while now, thanks for the reminder to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren!! Thanks! Workout buddys are certainly nice! I kind of keep tabs with a couple people long distance, but have no one either. I've made a few friends at the gym though which helps! The recipe is great, you should definitely try it! :D

    ReplyDelete